As we set our New Year's resolutions, many of us are thinking about ways we can make changes within ourselves that will be most impactful this coming year. The goal of a healthier you. The goal of financial success. The goal of being more mindful and present, and the list goes on.
Business owners typically focus on a different set of resolutions for their company. How will the company move to the next level of growth? What are the potential opportunities for the New Year? How can we grow our bottom-line and increase employee productivity? How can we increase our customer reach while still maintaining our current customers?
Each of these goals can be achieved through strategic implementation of select technology systems and products. With the proper set of tools and systems in place, your company can fully realize and achieve your new year’s goals.
Here are a few things to consider this New Year to help grow their business:
Automation tools are a must when running a business today! These systems are designed to help keep your business running smoothly. Many also will help your teams be more productive allowing you to do more with less.
There are so many systems out there that it can be overwhelming to even know where to begin. Fortunately, the standardization of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and cloud technology allow you to streamline applications and make your company an automated organization simply and easily. Make sure whatever application you pick has a strong API. Without a strong API an application can’t share data from one system to another.
With Cloud based tools, you are more easily able to toggle between a myriad of applications systems to run more efficiently, increase sales, automate marketing and grow your bottom-line.
Here are our top favorites:
- Slack - Slack is the collaboration hub that brings the right people together with all the right information and tools to get work done. Launched in 2014, Slack is the fastest-growing business application in history. Millions of people around the world use Slack to connect their teams, unify their systems, and drive their business forward. From Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, Slack helps people communicate better.
- Zapier - Easy automation for busy people. Zapier moves info between your web apps automatically, so you can focus on your most important work.
With all applications, we recommend doing your homework first to ensure the app is compatible and plays nice with your current systems, and as always look into the security of the app to make sure you’re not putting your business at risk for breaches. Also try to find reviews from actual users, Gartner Reports, and search on forums like Reddit.com to find useful feedback.
Speaking of breaches, did you know that cybersecurity can play a crucial role in helping you to achieve your company goals? It is no longer something that businesses have the luxury of ignoring. Hackers not only target large corporations but are really finding the most success with small to medium sized businesses. But cybersecurity doesn’t have to be an expensive or overwhelming process. Just putting some simple practices in place can help your business to be a bit more secure thus ensuring you don’t lose your hard earned money or company reputation.
- Anti-virus - the right anti-virus makes all the difference. There are a lot of nuances to consider when it comes to anti-virus software. Most small to medium sized businesses either utilize their Internet providers firewall security or install a combination of hardware and software to protect their network point of entry. Luckily we put together this helpful guide.
- Back-ups - This component of cybersecurity is often overlooked. Backing up your business data is the most basic level of security you can implement. There are a number of ways you can create backups: you can make copies on your desktop, upload to the cloud, save to an external hard drive, and more. The details of backing up data is where the complexity arises.
You have to make some decisions about your business with regards to backups: cost, how long data is unavailable, how much data you are willing to tolerate losing in the case of a disaster, what data is necessary to backup, etc. Here are some basic decisions you have to make about backups.
- Employee Education - in your company is one of the best investments you will make this year. Cybersecurity training is proactive and affordable. 83% of phishing attacks are successful because employees do not recognize them. Simple module based on-line training systems have been proven to be effective and have an excellent ROI. Training is common sense.
- Password Management - with all the usernames and passwords that are needed to just live and do business, getting a firm grip on your company’s password management is vital. Many employees will use weak passwords to simply their lives or write down their passwords in a handy notebook that anyone could gain access to. Inevitably they will forget their passwords causing lost productivity for both the employee and your IT department getting the password reset.
You can make your life easier by using a system to help management passwords. One of the solutions we use allows us to effortlessly synchronize all passwords and change them across multiple platforms. It also allows us to give or resend access to various areas within the company’s data and can make on-boarding easier.
As you can see, technology is a vital tool that you can use to help you conquer your company goals in the New Year! Contact us today for a free assessment on how we can help streamline your technology for the ultimate in business success!